Are You Interested in SMP FT ?
This has been a long standing request by customers who wants to have support for more than 1 vcpu for vSphere Fault Tolerance feature for obvious reasons. If you are interested and want to voice your opinion about it then VMware R&D will like to hear.
There is Survey regarding this , I highly encourage you to cast your vote on the link below. It will hardly take 10 minutes of your time.
For those of you who doesn’t know what is vSphere FT see the summary below.
vSphere Fault Tolerance (FT) provides continuous availability for applications in the event of server failures by creating a live shadow instance of a virtual machine that is in virtual lockstep with the primary instance. By allowing instantaneous failover between the two instances in the event of hardware failure, FT eliminates even the smallest chance of data loss or disruption.
- Automatically trigger seamless stateful failover when the protected virtual machines fail to respond for zero downtime, zero data loss continuous availability
- Automatically trigger the creation of a new secondary virtual machine after failover, to ensure continuous protection to the application
This is a pretty good opportunity to let your voice heard.
No related posts.
- vExpert 2013 The Journey Begins
- VMware: Multi-Hypervisor Management is Here
- vSphere 5.1 much awaited Patch released
- How to Right Size your VMFS Datastores in vSphere?
- VMware vCloud Service Evaluation
- New Releases from VMware
- Emerging Products or Crown Jewels…
- HealthCheck for VMware vSphere Environment – Part1
About Samir Roshan (42 posts)
Samir has experience in Virtualization, Cloud Computing,Enterprise Architecture, Open Source, Datacenter Consolidation, Migration, Business Continuity and Security domains working for major Technology organizations like VMware,Unisys, IBM, EMC and Safenet.