Today VMware announced GA of the much awaited log insight product called as vCenter Log Insight 1.0. As per the overview page for the product.
“VMware vCenter™ Log Insight™ delivers automated log management through log analytics, aggregation and search, extending VMware’s leadership in analytics to log data. With an integrated cloud operations management approach, it provides the operational intelligence and enterprise-wide visibility needed to proactively enable service levels and operational efficiency in dynamic hybrid cloud environments.”
VMware Vcenter Log Insight extends the power of analytics driven management to any Syslog data source across all tenants of the SDDC.
- Collect, analyze and search all types of log data in one place.
- Deploy the virtual appliance and be productive in minutes with an easy-to-use and intuitive user interface. There is no need to learn a new query language to get started.
- Get more out of your VMware environment with the built-in content pack optimized for vSphere.
- Quickly build flexible dashboards and receive real-time alerts that help you stay informed.
- Integrate vCenter Log Insight with vCenter Operations Manager to monitor and manage all your datacenter operations across virtual, physical and hybrid cloud infrastructure.
There are really good YouTube videos for the product which can be referred.
VMware vCenter Log Insight Overview
VMware vCenter Log Insight Installation and Configuration
VMware vCenter Log Insight Integration with vCenter Operations
This is a very promising product and one which will certainly add value to customer.